I really have had a pretty easy pregnancy thus far. No major anything. I am surprised at the number of things that I didn’t know going into it (and I will spare you the details), but overall I feel pretty gosh duurrn lucky. Pregnancy is a fast nine months and before I know it, this bump that sits between me and getting my socks on comfortably (or getting out of bed gracefully) will be no more. To remember this crazy amazing time I made my very own pregnancy list. 1/4 of the items are food related. Just sayin’…
1 & 2) Honeycrisp apples with crunchy peanut butter. Ummm…I have pregnancy insomnia and the first thing I think of when I wake up is apples and peanut butter. I. Can’t. Get. Enough.
3) Crunchy dill pickles are the best even if not pregnant. Yes? Well, I sneak at least two of these little guys every day.
4) Donuts. I have never craved donuts so much in my life. It started as soon as I found out I was expecting. And I can have the nasty powder donuts from a bag or homemade, fresh out of the oven. It doesn’t matter just give me the freakin donut! I have practiced restraint, though. I only give in once in a while.
5) Body brushing. My skin itches so much! Pregnancy and living in cold Alaska is a recipe for scratching my skin right off. I have started to body brush before each shower. You can check out more on the benefits here.
6) Nourish Exfoliating Body Polish is wonderful. It is fragrance free, gently exfoliates, and doesn’t feel like my skin is stripped of its natural oils. The packaging is pretty, too.
7) I probably read too much. But I have a few favorites and The Happiest Baby on the Block has provided me with information about the first few months of a newborn’s sleep cycle (or lack thereof). I have no clue how my little one will respond to any of the “advice” from this book, but either way I feel better prepared of the sleepless nights that are right around the corner.
8) I asked for this book for my birthday in May. The book is called Prayer with Purpose: 90 Days of Prayer for Your Unborn Child. It’s a journal that offers spiritual and physical prayers for your baby. I like having a bit of guidance in my prayer life, since I usually just sit quietly with God because, at times, I don’t have a clue what to ask of Him, especially with my unborn child. This is a perfect guide and when the baby is old enough, can read the prayers that were prayed over them…
9) Hypnobirthing. Hypno-whaaaat? I want to have a natural child birth and this book and classes are preparing me for my birth plan. If my birth plan doesn’t go the way I would hope, that’s ok, but no one can say I didn’t prepare.
10) I hate maternity pants. I own two pairs and I wear one of them. These stretchy skinny jeans from Old Navy are my little secret. I am currently wearing them right now and they have been in my closet rotation well before I was pregnant (for over three years). Yep…I’m over seven months pregnant and I am wearing regular jeans (I can’t do that with any of my other jeans). The key is that they sit super low and are stretchy. Go get yourself a pair even if you aren’t preggo (ok, not if you’re a guy).
11) The Snoogle. A pregnant woman’s pal. I can’t figure out where I will store this dang thing when I’m not pregnant. Selling a pillow just seems wrong…I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.
12) The dry, itchy skin is also on my face, but thanks to Worker B Dusk Serum, I don’t have to worry about that anymore. This is an all natural serum made with organic oils and extracts and is made in small batches in Minnesota. My face drinks this stuff up!
13) Earth Mama Body Butter. Every day. On my belly. I don’t have stretch marks (yet) and I would like to thank this body butter and my mom & dad for good genes (since I believe genetics play a bigger part in stretch marks).
Nine more weeks to go until I can meet the little person that has been known sweetly as “the bump”. I am curious if they will like apples and donuts as much as me? I guess we’ll have to wait to find out…